Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Homemade Christmas Bows – Using Magazines

Making Christmas bows out of magazines??? I would have never thought of this idea, but look how cute they turn out! I always use plain white or brown paper to wrap our gifts in and then let the kids draw pictures on the packages. This year I will let them make the bows too!!! What a great idea Saving the Family Money!
MagBows
Cut the cover into 9 strips about 3/4 inch wide. Leave 3 at full length, cut 1 inch off of 3 strips, 2 inches off 2 and the last piece should be 3 1/2 inches.
MagBows2
Then you can use double sided tape or staples to secure them into position, however my favorite and easiest way to do this is with a scrapbook brad. Twist each piece to form a loop at each end. Then staple or use double sided tape to adhere. Take the 3 1/2″ piece and form a circle, adhere with double sided tape.
magbows3
This is where I use my brad. Start with the smallest piece (not the circle) and punch the brad through the center. Layering all the pieces until you’re done. Here is one half way done. When complete, secure the brad in the back. Then take your circle and adhere it to the center of the bow. Voila!
MagBows4 Magbows5
And look how cute!

What a cute idea! I think we will be gathering our recent magazines and catalogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment