Friday, December 24, 2010

My Families Favorite Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe!!!

I thought I would share this... my family request this quite often.

5 large cooked sweet potatoes (I wait to mash mine with the rest of the ingredients)
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of 2% milk
1 stick of Unsalted Butter , melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla (I use pure vanilla)
1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Topping:
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Bisquik
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
marshmallows, enough to cover the top

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 10x13 baking dish.

Combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and salt in your mixer. Beat on medium until well mixed and there are no more lumps.  Pour mixture into the baking dish.

Topping:
Combine the brown sugar, butter, Bisquik and pecans (if desired) in a separate bowl. Crumble the topping over the sweet potato mixture and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and top with marshmallows. Return to oven (Broil) just until the marshmallow are brown.

Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment